Too Tall in Mexico?
Dear Family,
Who would have thought that 5 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 6 inches tall was TOO TALL? Well, it seems to be so here in Villahermosa. We were walking down the sidewalk the other day and Dad smacked his head on an overhanging sign. The Mexicans have no trouble walking under it because they are almost all less than 5 feet 5 inches tall. He really got a nasty bump from the sign. Also, I about scalped myself by walking into a rope holding up a tarp across the sidewalk the other day. Oh, the hazards of being so tall. Ha ha.
Do you children all remember my Eagle Dance that I used to do when I would get excited. That was what Monica called it, anyway. Well, I have a new dance to add to my name. It is called the Cricket Dance. This week when we were in the temple going through a session, a cricket came hopping down the isle. This temple has a problem with crickets coming into the temple down through the light fixture openings so every day they have to go around and gather up the crickets. What they really need is some Seagulls, I guess. Anyway, this cricket hopped right UP the skirt of the lady sitting by me. She was up and shaking her skirt in a flash and the cricket started hopping in circles in the isle. I quickly tried to come to her rescue and tried to stomp on it before it got away or hopped up the skirt of someone else. I looked so ridiculous Dad could hardly control his laughter. I did get the cricket—while everyone looked on—and then the sister up front brought me a Kleenex to pick it up. I handed the dead cricket inside the Kleenex to her and sheepishly sat back down and we continued with the session. It was some time before Dad could get his thoughts away from my Cricket Dance and back to the matters at hand.
Our week seems to have flown by. We’ve been occupied with our English Classes and my teaching piano. Today we worked with another Bishop. You would be surprised at how young the ward leaders are in most of the positions. The new Ward Mission Leader in this ward we visited is probably only 18 years old. He is very active and committed and that is what is needed. We are really getting pretty good at getting around town in taxis. Our next challenge is to figure out how to ride the buses. They are so crowded, though; I really do not have the desire to try them. We have really thought a lot about each of you this week as you have enjoyed our E.S. Murdock Family Reunion in Colorado Springs. Jared and Monica really went through a lot of stress and trouble to make sure all was taken care of. Thanks to you both. We are looking forward to receiving the DVD that Jared and Micah made of the reunion. How, fun that will be to enjoy some of what you did, the noise, the confusion, the love, and the grandchildren. Oh, we miss all of you.
It has been a good week and we love you all. Take care of yourselves.
Dad and Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I enjoyed your cricket dance story. Can't imagine seeing that going on in the temple though. Sounds like you are having a lot of experiences. I guess if my family were there (the boys) they would have been decapitated by now!
Post a Comment