The words Panic Attack are not usually in my vocabulary, but this week I discovered them. As you recall we had lost our keys and so only had one apartment key. Dad decided to go and get some groceries while I got the floor mopped and headed out to do so. As he left, he locked the door, which is normal. However, after a moment I realized I no longer had a spare key to unlock the door should he lose his key or something should happen to him. Talk about deer in the headlight feeling. There is no other way out of the apartment. No back door—all the windows are barred and the lock is pick poof since it is a dead blot lock. See attached picture. Can you believe what went through my mind? Rapunzel, Rapenzel, let down your hair. I guess that is the way she felt when she was locked up in her tower. Mmmmm, it would take some time to grow my hair out, would it not? It was a feeling of total loss of control and it was frightening. Besides that, the bars on the window wouldn’t even let me stick out my head to let my hair down. I also decided I had better take off my flip flops so I wouldn’t slip while mopping the floor and break my neck and die and no one would know because Dad was probably dead too. How silly are the thoughts of someone thinking all is lost? Don’t worry children and grandchildren; I really do still have all my faculties. Just for a brief moment I lost it. Well, the rest of the story. Dad got home safely, I didn’t slip and break my neck and we now have a spare key to the apartment as well as the other keys to the office that were lost. Never found—just replaced.
We have finally been getting some rain. Since we were walking in the rain the other day and had our umbrellas, I thought it a perfect opportunity to dance and sing in the rain, but Dad wasn’t too keen on the idea.
Our English classes this summer are going well and are being well attended. In fact, the Institute English class is so big we are dividing it next week. We gave them an English test to see how to divide the class. Problem is family members are split between the classes because of their knowledge in English. We have to decide how to work that since the basic and advanced classes are supposed to be on different days. Dad and I are getting a good review about imperfects, participles, progressives, passives, etc. Those things we learned 50 years ago seem to have left our memories. We are enjoying this teaching experience. The people here are great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yikes! Nothing is worse then a wandering immagination in a scary situtation. Glad that all worked out well. Good luck with the teaching, now you could go back and tell those English teachers that you really would use those principles again in the real world.
Nita, I loved reading your blog. I love the picture of you and Strat with the motorcycle. Do your really ride that? You can be a true "motorcycle momma!" I will add your blog to my list on mine so I can keep up with you.
Post a Comment